Tuesday, December 13, 2005

oh the joys of a weather-dependent income

All summer, I wait and hope for heat and I get cold, rainy weather. All winter I wait for freezing cold temperatures and I get balmy weather that would be much more appreciated during fire season than snow-making season.

If I were anywhere else, doing anything else, I'd be ecstatic that it's only -3 instead of -30. But now that my bank account depends on the cold....well, don't hate me for this, but "let the mercury drop!"

We've been on standby for the last 5 nights, driving out to our work site at 2 am to check the temperature in case it's cold enough to blow snow. So far, no such luck, though we have been fortunate enough to see lots of wildlife (fox, coyote, lynx, and the biggest rat I've ever seen) and a spectacular display of northern lights. So it's not all bad, but I'd still really like to get back to work already!

No comments: