Wednesday, June 07, 2006

oh, to inappropriate drunkeness

I drove all night on Friday to get to Victoria for Rob's high school reunion on Saturday. Ok, I didn't really go for the reunion - I went just to see Rob, who was there for his reunion, and so I found myself all gussied up in fancy clothes at a fancy banquet at a fancy golf course. And I hadn't slept in almost 40 hours.

So while Rob re-uned with all his past classmates, I clung tightly to a beer mug and sipped it nervously, tying hard to listen (or at least pretend to listen) to a bunch of inside jokes that I didn't understand told by a bunch of people I didn't know. And I sipped and sipped, bought another beer, and kept on sipping.

After a few hours, my lack of sleep and all of my nervous nobody-to-talk-to beer drinking had me a few sips away from dancing topless on the speakers. Which I think would have been really funny. But Rob didn't, so I put the rest of my energy (which was really starting to lack about this time) into keeping both feet firmly planted on the floor and both eyes fixed on whoever was speaking. And I think I actually pulled it off.... or at least I managed to stay on my feet all night :)

1 comment:

erin elizabeth king said...

oh how i wish i could have been there to both encourage and accompany your drunkenness. :)