Thursday, July 13, 2006

a quick catch up on stuff too complicated to blog about

Ok, so I've been avoiding my blog. There's just no funny way to write about bad news and so I've just not been writing at all. Well, it's finally time to get on with blogging so here's the quick and dirty about what's gone on over the past month:

~Rob and I broke up. Yup, big news after 5 years.
~I'm slowly shifting from sadness to excitement at the prospect of being on my own and making my own decisions for the next few years. On that note, I've found a travel buddy for the winter - Jodie, the rookie on our crew this year. We get along really well and she's super adventurous and into the biking idea. More on that later
~We've been incredibly busy with fires for the past 3 weeks - they say that the situation has been more complex than in Kelowna in 2003 with all the interface fires that we've had. It's slowed down a bit now, but we're still on fires around FSJ.

That was easy enough. And now that it's over with, we return to our regualarly scheduled blogging.

No comments: